james s. frost, of counsel
Jim Frost has practiced law in Texas since 1974. He is Board Certified, Civil Trial Law—Texas Board of Legal Specialization and a Fellow of the Texas Bar Foundation. A member of the Guadalupe County and San Antonio Bar Associations, he was chair of the State Bar of Texas District 11-C Grievance Committee in 1992–94 and served on the Supreme Court of Texas Board of Disciplinary Appeals for 9 years, as vice-chair in 2004–05, and chair in 2005–06.
Jim is admitted to practice law in the State of Texas, the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He practices in several areas, including civil litigation, real estate, wills, probate, oil and gas law, water law, eminent domain, and appellate law.
A fourth-generation Texas lawyer, Mr. Frost holds an AV Preeminent™ 5.0 out of 5 client/peer review rating from Martindale-Hubbell.
- Texas Tech University, J.D. 1973
- Trinity University, B.A. 1971
- Supreme Court of Texas Board of Disciplinary Appeals, 1994–97, 2000–06; Vice-Chair, 2004–05; Chair, 2005–06
- Member, District 11-C Grievance Committee, State Bar of Texas, 1988–94; Chair, 1992–94
- Guadalupe County Bar Association, President 1981–82
- San Antonio Bar Association
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Author/Speaker, 2010 CLE International Eminent Domain seminar; Topic: Proposed Amendments to Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct
- Author/Speaker, 2005 CLE International Eminent Domain seminar; Topic: Ethics: Considerations for the Eminent Domain Practitioner
- Speaker, 2004 State Bar of Texas Minority Counsel Program; Topic: The Board of Disciplinary Appeals
- Speaker, 2003 Advanced Real Estate Law Course, State Bar of Texas; Topic: An Insider’s View of the Grievance System
- Speaker, 2003 State Bar of Texas Telephone Seminar; Topic: The Board of Disciplinary Appeals: Understanding What It Is and How It Works
- Speaker, 2002 Supreme Court of Texas Board of Disciplinary Appeals Forum, Houston, Texas
- Author/Speaker, 2001 Eminent Domain Seminar, International Right of Way Association; Topic: Kraft Waterline Easement Case